Serves the teachers, non-teaching staff and research scholars of the University through its well-trained library professionals. It provides a variety of services like documentation, reference, lending of books to its clientele, inter-institutional loans, etc. Study Centers also have attached library cells to serve the needs of widely scattered student population.
At present the Central Library and Study Centre Libraries have a collection of
- 1,47,688 books and non-book material in different languages.
- It subscribes to 20 newspapers( English news papers 8,Telugu 8,Hindi 1 and Urdu 3).
- 128 journals (98 Indian and 30 foreign) for the Central Library.
- E-journals - 5 packages i.e.,
- › Cambridge University Press.
- › JSTOR.
- › Emerald(Library Science collection).
- › Nature.
- › Economic outlook.
- › Data base - Prowess Multi User LAN Version.
- Magazines - 17.
- The library has acquired a gift of over 18,000 books from the late Sri Narla Venkateswara Rao, an eminent Journalist and Parliamentarian.
- 1765 books on distance education were gifted by the late Prof. G. Ram Reddy, eminent educationist, founder Vice-Chancellor of the university.
- Prof.V.S.Prasad former Vice-chancellor of this University donated his personal collection of 700 books to Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University Library.
IT ENABLED SERVICES
All the in-house operations of the Library are computerized.The Library database(including the Endowment Libraries) is accessible to all the academic departments of the University through the Local Area Network(LAN).
The following is the URL: (for internal users)
The Central Library has Internet facility. Library is equipped with CCTV Surveillance system and Electronic Article Surveillance.
|Officer||Designation||Contact No.||Official Mail Id|
|» Director Academic||I/c Head of University Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|» Sri T. Nagaseshulu||Asst. Professor of Lib. & Inf. Scienceemail@example.com|